All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Ambient Lighting Tutorial

MNMax21

I was surfing YouTube yesterday for marquee magician videos and somehow came across a MAME cabinet build with RGB LEDs on either side of the LCD TV inside the cabinet. It was setup as ambient lighting and the color changed instantly mirroring the colors of the screen. I located an article on how to do it at Silicon Republic and also watched a video of it working with The Lion King movie, which was sweet. However, it uses a Arduino and Breadboard, which I have no experience with. The article at Silicon Republic only shows a picture of the Arduino and Breadboard, but does not have a tutorial on where the wires go and why. You are suppose to just eyeball it I assume. I'm wondering if anyone has created a video tutorial on this subject or can direct me to a video about it on the web.

If you search ambient computer lighting in YouTube, you should find the sample video. It's pretty sweet.

Thanks