All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

UltraVPServer setup in GameEx

Krakerman

It's quite easy these days. Can you give me some info about your setup? Are you on a two screen vert setup? Are you using gameextender to shoot pics to the second screen? Give me some details and i'll get you setup.

Display 1 is 1920x1080 on HDTV and Display 2 is 1680x1050 on a monitor that can rotate horiz and vert. from the stand. I do have gameextender on.

I basically play Future and Visual pinball on the HDTV not in a pinball cab

It's not a real difficult process really...but there are steps. You'll have to setup windows for 2 screen, in extend mode, with screen one being the "table" and 2 the "backglass". You'll want to go into Future Pin's video setup, and just setup 2 screen and adjust the rotation..it's all there and very simple. Also on future, you'll have to adjust EACH and EVERY table to fit your rig...that gets old but MUST me done. When you load up in 2 screen mode you'll see very little or the end of a table on the table screen, and the backglass will be out of whack. You have to then hit the scroll lock key to get into screen adjust mode....when there page up and down move through the four options...first option moves the table on the screen, second shrinks and stretches the table, third moves the backglass, and fourth stretches and shrinks the backglass. You use the number pad arrows to control each option..it's easy, if not time consuming if you have a ton of tables. Once you have it the way you like it, you can go back to the editor and SAVE THE TABLE..otherwise your work is gone. Do that over and over for all the tables, and FP will be done.

Visual pin and UVP setup can be annoying. Right away, setup visual pin for your screen in vert mode...that's the easy part. Now for UVP. For starters, you have to download the ultravpserver software. Now, this software is setup to use in hyperpin for the file structure, but the program itself isn't used. Basically put the software in c:\hyperpin and make a directory in hyperpin called uvpserver. This is where the little *.uvp files go. Now, you'll need ANOTHER directory in hyperpin called Visual PInball, and yet another in that directory called "backglass". This is where you'll put the backglass file. Now, here is an important point that caused me pain..the UVP file, the backglass file, AND the table file all must have the EXACT same name. Example: Twilight Zone (Bally 1994).uvp, Twilight Zone (Bally 1994).png, Twilight Zone (Bally 1994).vpt ..you get the picture. This you cannot fudge on. Finally, you'll have to edit the table...don't worry it's not hard...you load up the VPT table in the visual pinball editor, and you hit the script button. You'll be removing one line and adding one. Look for Set Controller = CreateObject("VPinMAME.Controller") and change it to Set Controller = CreateObject("UltraVP.BackglassServ"). Don't forget to save the table.

Now, once all that is done...goto the C:\hyperpin directory and double click on the ultravpserver file...you have to do this one time...after this you should be good to go. I'll post a top notch faq when I find where I saw it...it really holds your hand. I'm sure I missed a ton and I'll be the first to say sorry..haha.

Agreed on the B2's...it's all done for you and i've had no prob using those with Gameex.

Ok well I find really with Visual Pinball that I don't need UVPServer as I am just gonna use GameExtender then use the VPinMame (Cab Bulid) and create custom backglass with Instruction Cards for each table. I Like to have my second monitor rotated and display is set at 1050x1680.

Ok I just got Future Pinball working now with the backglasses on the 2nd monitor and with a custom instruction card I made ... used with GameExtender all I can say is WOW! Now these Future Pinball these tables totally killer man on my system. ;)

In the past I was having issues with Future Pinball backglasses and my nvidia video card. I updated my video drivers to the latest drivers and now everything seems to be working once again thank goodness.

Now I just gave myself alot more work to do :rolleyes: