All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Reinstalling windows 95

King Homer

Guys,

My cab has been running a bit weird so I wanted to reinstall Windows 95 to hopefully clear up some problems. My question is how much will that affect GameEx? I know i would have to reinstall my full version registry key again but how much would it screw up the way GameEx works. I don't think many emulators write to the registry besides possibly Daphne. thoughts,opinions,suggestions?

weird = random long load times between actions in GameEx. I could be flying through the game names in Mame and then it will freeze for a few seconds and continue. Or when going from page to page it will do the same thing. It never did this when I built it.

gameEx was also set to max( all switches were set for maximum performance and graphics) when first built and it ran fine. Slowly it got worse and I'd cut back on features until I have every extra turned off and it still has these hiccups.

Something just happened to make me think it could be GameEx itself. I had it running 1000 Mile rally Mille Milia (sorry for the poor spelling). After a few minutes the screen went black but I could still hear it playing in the back ground. Did a ctrl-alt-delete and saw two tasks running, the GameEx 1000 mile game and a second gameex.exe -quick. I stopped the gameex.exe -quick and the screen came back but it was back in the gameex game select screen but you still heard the game running. I then let it run for a long time outside of GameEx in mame32 and it has been going fine.

gameEx going to a black screen has been happening to my cab for a long time and I can never find out why. Doesn't ATI cards have some kind of issue with GameEx? I thought I read that a while back. Maybe that it also why GameEx seems to be sluggish at times?