All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[FIX] Quake III Arena Master Servers Down!

Krakerman

Haven't run my version of QIIIA in quite some time, but noticed that the servers have been down. So I did a search on google and found a site that posted this fix and sure enuff it works now you can see a list of servers within QIIIA once again! Thought I would share with anyone else that has this game.

For Windows users follow the steps below:

1. Click Start - Run
  2. Type "notepad C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts" without the quotes and Press OK.
  3. Scroll to the bottom of the hosts file and add the line "209.212.157.150 master.quake3arena.com" without the quotes.
  4. Save the file and close notepad.
  5. You can now see all servers in the Quake III Arenas browser!

Enjoy!

Thanks for the tip Krak! I whipped up an app to do this for ya. Hope this helps others looking for an automatic patch. :)

You need .NET 4 and Admin privileges to run this since it makes changes to a Microsoft system file (don't worry, it'll request the permission before it launches so nothing shady happening here). It also makes a backup of the hosts file prior to writing in case something goes wrong. If there are other changes or servers to add it's a quick update.

Quake III Arena - Server Patch.rar