All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Strange display cropping - driving me nuts!

daylorb

Got a very strange issue. Have a registered copy of Game EX. Using it on an old 4:3 monitor, vertical.

If I rotate my windows display in order to properly see windows, and then leave the settings alone with no rotation on the monitor - menu loads fine, games load fine - except vertical games load small - they only use about the top 2/3rds of the screen.

Strangely enough - if I rotate my windows display so it is horizontal (and I am looking at windows sideways), then I go into Game Ex config and rotate the display -90, the menus come up fine again... But here is the interesting part. In any given vertical game then I must go into game settings - display - and rotate that game to be vertical... when I do this - it positions it perfectly/fully on the screen - not 2/3rds like above.

Bizarre.

I'd like to not have to do this and view the full screen vertical with windows being vertical instead of horizontal. When on horizontal the screen saver and attract mode then go sideways as well - so games can be adjusted properly but a lot of other issues go wrong.

Any idea how to expand that screen when in vertical mode? I've tried messing with the screen resolution, all kinds of stuff like that already. Driving me nuts!

EDIT:

Tried going into actual program launch options (windows interface). When I run in 640-480 mode (done by windows) all sizing works properly - but the playback is glitchy. Meaning that it hangs every now and then while playing games, audio is scratchy. Clearly it can work - has to be something simple I am missing.

Edited by daylorb