All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] Magic Engine and Gameex

dukeofarcadia

So my Turbo Graphics Trouble forum can be set to (resolved)

(it was a matter of using the DT.. instead of SCSI)

I'd like to thank frequency for all his help!

But now a new problem.. My .cue file mounts.. but magic engine

doesn't start..

I found on gameex forums people use this as there command

for Magic Engine

pce.exe syscard3.pce

Unfortunatly these people use an older version of

magic engine.. and I'm using the newest version.

This version doesn't have a file called syscard3.pce

I can run the games perfectly from magic engine..

but in gameex magic engine won't start..

Does anybody know a current workable command line

for magic engine?

My version is 1.1.3

I should also add I'm using this to emulate Turbo Grafx CD games..

not the regular roms

And should also thank nullpointer for his help

Ok, I use Magic Engine but have and older version than yours... but let's try arguing with general knowlege of the emulator. First, it doesn't matter how your cd bios image is named... just check for the Magic Engine ini file if it points to the right directory (which should be the same directory of pce.exe). Secondly, modify your command line accordingly to match that name, or, reversely, rename the file to match your command line... In the end, check that the file, the entry in the pce ini, and the command line in GameEx are all coherent...

Well according to this thread, it contains the only working GameEx config for MagicEngine 1.1.3 on these forums. Now I can't verify the veracity of that claim, but does it help at all?

YES SUCCESS AT LAST. This is the ONLY working config for magic engine cd iso's in this whole forum. Geesh - hope it helps someone took me forever to figure out. I decided to use daemon tools lite instead of pro. The key secret was the Command=Pce.exe -cd:N where N is the letter of your first virtual drive.

So my Turbo Graphics Trouble forum can be set to (resolved)

(it was a matter of using the DT.. instead of SCSI)

Weird how that didn't work at first since DT was suppose to be used by default. But glad it's all working now. ;)

Now hurry an put internet on that machine to make it easier. :P