All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[REQUEST] Video stretch to box size bug! (also ghosting)

Krakerman

Tom, If at all possible can you fix GameEx to make the videos stretch correctly to fit the window size that we created in the theme editor and also remove the ghosting effect as it looks awkward on alot of the themes. I was showing my wife my theme I'm working on and she pointed those things out to me without me even saying anything. The snaps seem to stretch correctly not the videos.

Appreciate it Tom!

Thanks

I can see why you might have the ghosting in as it kinda makes it look like a reflection, however it doesn't look good on all theme backgrounds. Maybe you can add an option in to enable or disable that feature (on each emulator basis maybe).;)

That way some theme backgrounds could have it and some not depending if it would look nice. Just a thought :)

While playing around with my theme i noticed that the videos DO stretch to the image box but only under certain conditions! Strange behaviour and real hard to explain but i'll try.

When hovering over a game in a list the avi is "squished", once the game is selected and are presented with the info page it is still shrunk HOWEVER if you then scroll down to "Recommended Games" or "Others In Series" (in other words force a screenshot of a different rom to load) then scroll back up it will fill the box! Then if you scroll to the roms own title shot then move off again to load the avi it shrinks again. Now I know that might all sound a bit confusing so i've uploaded a quick vid which should explain things alot better than i can:

(megaupload, sorry guys i hate youtube ^^)

10MB

avipreviewbug.avi

Hopefully the vid might give you guys some clue as to why it only stretches under certain conditions. And +1 to having an option of turning the ghosting off :)

A small note to anyone who watches: this is not what my theme looks like! i just put a black background in with the image box highlighted to make it easier to see. besides i don't want you guys seeing it while still in draft condition :P i'll unleash when its ready ;)

Tom, If at all possible can you fix GameEx to make the videos stretch correctly to fit the window size that we created in the theme editor and also remove the ghosting effect as it looks awkward on alot of the themes. I was showing my wife my theme I'm working on and she pointed those things out to me without me even saying anything. The snaps seem to stretch correctly not the videos.

Appreciate it Tom!

Thanks

+1 on both.