All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[NEWS] GameEx 12.30

Tom Speirs

Are you sure not just the background is changing, which now happens in certain views?

No,it takes me from Adultery's Megamame theme,I select emulated games and it switched me to the media center theme.

With some themes,I cant even get into my emulated games list,I click on emulated games and it just goes back to the same list.

Im pretty sure this is not a version 12.30 issue.

according to revo unistaller,I have GameEX 12.31

Now if I choose change view,it sends me into my mame game list,with huge thumbnails,and refuses to let me click back

well 12.24 was working fine.I updated to 12.30,everything is messed up.

post-7188-0-43430000-1322273549_thumb.pn

It's not happening on my machine unfortunately. I did notice that it changes to the default theme if you use that newly implemented menu view, but it's because I'm missing the new BAK. I'll have to figure out what to do to incorperate the new look into my theme and release an update. However I am able to change the view and revert it back to a list based view and it looks the same way it always has. Even in the new mode my menus may be screwed up due to the missing BAK file, but the emulators still pull the games up as a list, which is the default view for my setup.

Anyways, as I said I'll have to make some changes to make it compliant to the new layout. I'll do this as soon as I figure out which way I want to go with it cosmetically.

Either way I can't reproduce this error other than the main menu screen and the emulator select screen (which I assume use the new BAK).

@Tom: While I'm in there, can you tell me which BAK the new touchscreen based screen saver uses? I'll fix that too if I can... I need a separate BAK for it to make it work unless it uses the same one you just recently added, because fixing it to look good screws up my bak.png that the theme uses for other screens. :)

Also can the starting screen (like the initial launch where the logo file zooms in) use the new BAK when it loads this new ribbon view too so I can make it gel instead of having the blocks cut out for list view when it loads?

No change after manual install,now it starts in the megamame theme,then switches to media center instantly

^^This is a result of my missing bak file. For now I just made a copy of start.bak and renamed it StartImageMenuBak.png or you can just go right until you see the "change view" icon and change it back to "List View".

Here is the log after manual install,it still thinks im using a v2 theme

The log will always say Version 2 Theme Detected! Loading... no matter if it's a V3 or a V4 theme. It's always been like that. At least as long as I can remember.

By the way, if you want to get rid of the icon things where the menu bar is you gotta keep clicking 'change view' until it shows the text based menu line again.

It should just load the backgorund and not change themes. It should just load that the file from default - default if it cant find it. It defnitly should not bc changing themes entirely. @Mesk, sorry if I was a bit short (lots of late nights!) is that file in themes\default - default\media ? If I remove the file here I get a crash not swithcing to default theme..

For me anyways it changes the background only for screens that use the new BAK. Since my games default to list view for the list, it switches back to MegaMAME for the emulator list, but uses the default-default bak for the start screen and "select an emulator" screen (and probably any screen that wants to show the ribbon view). I think people might just be getting mixed up, especially since it still uses the dialog boxes from MegaMAME.

Just wanted to mention this release also has zip support for Karaoke and Ben updated the theme editor to support flv and mp4 backgrounds and higher emulator numbers.

I thought zip was supported ages ago when I recommended to update to the latest karaoke plugin?

Yeah, I am pretty sure it was not working though. Do you think it was working?

It was working at the time. But that was a long time ago and I haven't tested it since. I don't use that feature as it doesn't work well with my setup.