All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[THEME] >>> Retro Arcade HD RELEASED!!! <<<

Krakerman

I'm running this on my 47" Vizio HDTV and looks perfect. You could always modify the font and use one that fits best for your screen if you wanted to. Just fire up the theme editor and load in the theme and change the font in the options. Glad you like it. I did include the font for this theme you just have to install it first which is in the zip file.

I am uploading the new zip file Adultery to the FTP and overwritting the old one.

Note: This version also includes all the theme_ images so when you fire up the theme editor the images for each emulator will be displayed in the editor as well.

The file size of the zip is now @ 336.56mb :P (it's a beast!)

Ok, Installed new update.

Theme now opens. mame works fine. Emulated games creates a list larger than the box. Clicking a emulaor causes the screen to flash and nothing more

Not sure it this is an isolated thing or if anyone else is having these issues. Do you have GameEx setup at 1920x1080? I downloaded my theme and installed it as a new theme on another computer and it works fine so I'm not sure what the problem might be.

NOTE: Looks like the zip file on the GameEx main site theme page is still the old file same with the one on the theme competition page is the old one too. The file size of the zip should be 336mb.

I might not have too much time to look at it this weekend again as my wife's mom passed away this morning but maybe I'll wait and see if Draco or Adultery has tested it and give me some feedback on what they experienced.

Thanks guys!

I'm not a theme virtuoso, thus this is probably a simple question. I am running 4:3 on my systems. I see the images you are uploading are 4:3 but the actual theme is 1920x1080. Is there a simple switch in the theme editor to make this theme 4:3 (like you are uploading) where everything will line up like you have it? I assume you are probably just screen capture and stretching for the images you are uploading.

The images are actually 1920x1080 in the theme itself. I made the snaps of them on the forum much smaller so they would be easier to view and and take up less space on the forums thats all. So that is why it may appear to look funny when looking at the snaps I posted on the forums but when you run the theme itself it will look normal on a 1920x1080 HDTV or monitor.

Sorry it took so long, but here's the permanent link to Retro Arcade HD:

http://retroarcade.hfc-essentials.com/Retro_Arcade_HD.rar

If Krak makes updates, you can always download the latest version there.

It'll also be on GameEx.com shortly. :)

What resolution you have your system setup to run on? This theme is meant to be run on HDTV's @1920x1080 for the best visual experience.

If you are running it at such res then all you need to do is d/l unzip to the GameEx theme folder and select the theme from the setup wizard then each emulator you have setup make sure you select the correct background for each. Other things you might want to do as well is hide the toolbar as this theme doesn't use it.

Thanks Krak - all sounds very straightforward. One question - "then each emulator you have setup make sure you select the correct background for each" - I don't remember doing this step for other themes I've selected. A few more details please?

Just make sure the background match to the right emulator in the setup wizard. So if say you have an atari 2600 emulator in the setup wizard make sure the custom background is set to the atari 2600 one ect ect for each emulator or else each emulator will not display correctly.

Just make sure the background match to the right emulator in the setup wizard. So if say you have an atari 2600 emulator in the setup wizard make sure the custom background is set to the atari 2600 one ect ect for each emulator or else each emulator will not display correctly.

This gives me a reason to explain something Krak. Since I used to change themes quite often, I found it annoying to have to change the background image directory every time. This is because doesn't exist a naming convention.

But I resolved this as follows:

1) I left background images entries in Setup Wizard blank, for every emulator. I simply left them blank.

2) Fore every theme I downloaded, I simply renamed the relative background file with the same name as in "Default-Default" theme.

It seems that GameEx automatically detect the name and display it correctly. As far as I know, these are the "universal" names, limited to some systems I checked:

Atari 2600

Commodore Amiga

Nintendo Game Boy

Nintendo Game Boy Advance

Nintendo Game Boy Color

Nintendo N64

Nintendo NES

Nintendo SNES

Sega Genesis

Sega Master System

Sony Playstation

turbografx

Renaming them this way, I don't have to bother changing directories every time I want to change a theme...