All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Joypad

Frankybabes

Hi Everyone I am a New user of GameEx I have always used Just MAME a member gave me a full copy of GameEx with everything loaded to an external Hard Drive,everything works fine except my Logitech joypad, that works fine with mame alone, but not on GameEx!! I am running Win 7 64bit on my pc and Mame UI64, My friend has put mame 32 on GameEx,could this be the problem and if so how do I do copy Mame64 over to gameEx without deleting everything! :unsure:

First off... Did your friend "give" you a full license or did you actually pay for one? Or are you using a shareware copy?

First off... Did your friend "give" you a full license or did you actually pay for one? Or are you using a shareware copy?

He gave me a shareware copy which i will subscribe too when its fully working,thanks for the prompt reply.

OK. Just checking!

Go to input settings in the setup wizard and enable all attached devices. :)

the joypad now works on the Mame menu but in the game no buttons work at all!

So... Now it works in GameEx but it doesn't work in MAME? Is that what you're asking?

The joystick does not work at all in the games on anything, only on the front end menu it will move up or down in the menus and select a game by pressing a button, but once the game starts nothing!!, strang because it works flawlessly in MAME stand alone but in gameEx nothing

For MAME, you need to hit [TAB] while in game, and configure the controls. You can configure default controls for all games, but some may require an additional tweak here and there as needed. For emulators, your best bet is to get them working outside of GameEx first. A lot of emulators like to run in full screen, and you can't access the options menu with your mouse from that. If you use MESS for some emulators, you configure your gamepad the same way there as you do with MAME, by hitting [TAB].

For MAME, you need to hit [TAB] while in game, and configure the controls. You can configure default controls for all games, but some may require an additional tweak here and there as needed. For emulators, your best bet is to get them working outside of GameEx first. A lot of emulators like to run in full screen, and you can't access the options menu with your mouse from that. If you use MESS for some emulators, you configure your gamepad the same way there as you do with MAME, by hitting [TAB].

Yes that does it! going to be a long long process configuring thousands of games or just my 80 favorites :(

Why? You can just do "Input (General)" and do it once for everything. Make sure you do "Other" too so you cen set up your coin buttons and your start buttons.

Hi I have a question about Gameex. Does it have full gamepad functionality in the advance config like full Xinput? I don't want to use 3rd party software to start up alongside Gameex.

I think you should repost this an a new question as this one has all ready been answered so may get over looked by the other members.