All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

143u9 MAME build and hitotext

dezblack

I recently got back into updating to the newest MAME build. I downloaded all updated files for MAME, hiscore.diff, including the hiscore.dat from the dat-tastic and rebuilt to 143u9. Gameex no longer displays my hiscores for mame games and hitotext crashes when I try to launch a MAME game. I have tried clearing out the .hi files and tried every build I could think of (with and without different optimizations) using the newest mame compiler 64. I have tried posting in the official thread at BYOAC....crickets. Has anyone managed to have this actually working? If so, what was your process?

Is this a hitotext issue or a hiscore.diff issue do you think?

I just edited the original post to make more since, I do realize hittotext and hiscore.diff are two seperate things but do not know which one is the issue. I did set a score in Tron and was able to close and reopen with it still there. So, I still assume the issue is in hitotext.