All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Been to the printers...

T-Jay

Hello all,

Yesterday I went into town and got my marquee printed, for UK cab/mame devotees, Jessops are the guys :D .

I created it by taking some of the 'Arcade/Defender' generic marquee, with a bit of the generic 'grid', as this will go well with my Control Panel Overlay (when it gets to me from America. So I don't have to forever have to select games/add credits for friends I added an instructions 'card' either side of the marquee. (They are standard Ipac controls) I have to say I was most impressed with my artwork, and what was really cool was the guys who printed it for me were really interested in what it was for and whether I designed it myself (I suppose it took away from the standard poster sized Mother/Baby photos!!!!)

What was most impressive was that even though it had to be on a poster, was that they kept it to my original size, opened it in Adobe AND when it was printed, they guillotined it for me too. (YAY!)

So...I thought I would show you the installed marquee (lit up!) and upload the png so that if you want to use it yourselves go ahead, download and enjoy. Unfortunatly I do not have a 'real camera' so I used my android to take the photo of the lit marquee, and had to take three seperate photos, I have added them all together to give you an impression of what it looks like!

EDIT: - |I have also included the adobe illustrator file in zipped format, so you can resize etc if you ever do wanna print it for your own cab.

post-2551-0-24616100-1318118681_thumb.pn

post-2551-0-42765700-1318118745_thumb.pn

Arcade.zip

Hello all,

Yesterday I went into town and got my marquee printed, for UK cab/mame devotees, Jessops are the guys :D .

I created it by taking some of the 'Arcade/Defender' generic marquee, with a bit of the generic 'grid', as this will go well with my Control Panel Overlay (when it gets to me from America. So I don't have to forever have to select games/add credits for friends I added an instructions 'card' either side of the marquee. (They are standard Ipac controls) I have to say I was most impressed with my artwork, and what was really cool was the guys who printed it for me were really interested in what it was for and whether I designed it myself (I suppose it took away from the standard poster sized Mother/Baby photos!!!!)

What was most impressive was that even though it had to be on a poster, was that they kept it to my original size, opened it in Adobe AND when it was printed, they guillotined it for me too. (YAY!)

So...I thought I would show you the installed marquee (lit up!) and upload the png so that if you want to use it yourselves go ahead, download and enjoy. Unfortunatly I do not have a 'real camera' so I used my android to take the photo of the lit marquee, and had to take three seperate photos, I have added them all together to give you an impression of what it looks like!

EDIT: - |I have also included the adobe illustrator file in zipped format, so you can resize etc if you ever do wanna print it for your own cab.

im from the uk out of interest how much did jessops charge for the print as i may consider some art for my next cab :)

For $50 it cost me, I had a sign shop do it on lexicon with the decal applied directly.

How does the poster look? Clean? Nice and transparent? I still have the glass that was in my marquee, and that's a pretty sweet deal. I have a family friend that owns a print shop ... Maybe Ill do that on my jukebox project. The price is tough to beat!

Even though it's 'standard' poster paper, it is still thin enough for the flouresent light to shine through and because it is sandwiched between two pieces of plexiglass it aint gonna fall/burn.

No doubt in the future though the quality may go, but at £8/$12 a pop then it's just a create a new one and off to printers!

My first printed marquee was on two pages of A4, originally to fill in the hole until I bought a 'proper' marquee. That lit up well when the light was installed, hense the cheaper option! B)