All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Playing Games with the GameEx Community

hansolo77

I discovered GameEx has support for something called client/server MAME which, if I understand correctly, allows users to play online with/against eachother. How well is this emplimented? I might be able to convince my brother to setup a system too, and would really like the ability to play with him.

Also, is there any planned functionality to have a setup somewhat like X-Box Live's messaging service? I think it'd be really cool if you could press a button, and have it pop up a window that displays information, like what friends are online, what they're currently playing, an ability to join them, an internal messaging system, etc. Just think, I load up GameEx, and it alerts me that Adultery has sent me a message. Then I can read it, reply back, and go on my way. Then while navigating around in the menus, it can pop up an alert that he's online. Then later that he wants to play a game with me, which would then have the ability to link right to that game so I don't have to find it. What would REALLY make this shine is if there was a way to have it popup during a game, but probably MAME would be the only possible option for this.

1st question:

It works really well as long as your router is properly set up. I haven't used this feature too many times though.

2nd question:

You'll probably want to put this over in the "Feature Request" thread. ;)