All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[NEWS] GameEx 11.93

Tom Speirs

Most excellent. Many Thanks.

Either the setup part of this doesn't work, or I'm just completely lost.

I assumed this was an addition to the Setup Wizard. There's a section under the "Input Settings" screen, called "Global Exit". I thought this was what was added. It already had some keys entered for the Joystick exit, so I cleared them out. The [...] button prompts me to press a button to use. I press a button, it logs it. I tried using this with just 1 button, didn't work. I went back and pressed another button thinking I needed at least two and need to press BOTH to have it exit back to GameEx. Didn't work again. It's like nothing happens.

Is there another setting somewhere else that I'm overlooking? Something like a "Enable Global Exit Keys" or something?

[EDIT] I got it to work now with MAME, but not with other emulators. I went to the emulators 2nd screen, and clicked the [...] under "Advanced Config" to bring up the Advanced config Editor. I noted that MOST of the emulators were all configured to use "[Mapping Off] Exit (Process Close).ini" so I opened that one. There's a tab there labeled "Game Pad Exit" which I figured was where I needed to go. I cleared all the preset buttons, and set to True the ones the Setup Wizard had detected before (button 8 and button 9 in my case). Everything else is clear. That didn't work. The popup blurb in the Setup Wizard says this will work regardless of custom input as long as the emulator is setup to exit on Escape. Well, pressing Escape does exit my emulators because of the Advanced Config is configured with that flag enabled. So why doesn't the Game Pad exit work?

[EDIT 2] YAY! My smarts triumph again! I thought to myself "maybe he means it will work, as long as the Escape key is going to exit the Emulator, and I don't HAVE to configure a Game Pad Exit in the Advanced Config". So I loaded up the ini in the Advanced Config Editor again, and this time just unticked the Enabled box. Works fine now!