All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RELEASE] WinUAE Config Creator v1.1

headkaze

Hey guys, finally got around to updating this program. Can't forget the old Amiga for your cabs!

UAE Config Creator v1.1 - By Headkaze

=====================================

Made for TOSEC collection...

This program will take a collection of ROMs and create uae configuration files for them based on a single uae config file. It will attempt to place disk series into floppy0 to floppy4 and in disk swapper.

Strange things happen in WinUAE, it seems to cut off long file names of adf files in the floppy drives. Must be a bug.

The program detects multiple disks by removing file characters after the first "(". This is how it matches file names. Most of the TOSEC collection works this way.

-: Disk Swapper keys :-

- END+1-0 (not numeric keypad) = insert image from swapper slot 1-10

- END+SHIFT+1-0 = insert image from swapper slot 11-20

- END+CTRL+1-4 = select drive

-------------------------------

Quick instructions to how this works:

1. Download and install WinUAE if you havn't already (http://www.winuae.net/)

2. Copy the uae config files in the archive to your WinUAE Configuaration folder

4. Right click on the config you want to use and click Edit (A500.UAE should work for most games)

5. Configure the controls for player 1 and 2 (Game & I/O ports). Default uses X-Arcade for Port 0 and Port 1. Also set your Kickstart ROMs.

NOTE: You can't configure WinUAE to use any keys you want. So you will have to map your keys to X-Arcade controls.

The default keys are:

-: Player 1 :-

- P1 Start = F1

- Up = Up

- Down = Down

- Left = Left

- Right = Right

- Button 1 = L Ctrl

- Button 2 = L Alt

- Button 3 = Space

- Space Bar = L Shft

- 1 = C

- 2 = 5

- 3 = Z

- 4 = X

-: Player 2 :-

- P2 Start = F2

- Up = R

- Down = F

- Left = D

- Right = G

- Button 1 = A

- Button 2 = S

- Button 3 = Q

- Space Bar = Open Brace

- Enter = Close Brace

- Down Arrow = 6

You will have to use a program like AutoIt / AutoHotkey to map these keys to other keys. Alternatively you can program your IPAC using WinIPAC to program your keys to the above.

6. Use my program to point to your config file, ROM directory and output directory

7. You can use the "Only apply to ROMs containing the word" option to apply a different config to AGA and CD32 ROMs.

It is recommended to use the following configs:

- A500.UAE = For all ROMs (No keyword)

- A1200.UAE = For AGA ROMs (Keyword "AGA")

- CD32.UAE = For CD32 ROMs (Keyword "CD32")

8. Select "GO" button. Repeat for AGA and CD32 ROMs changing keywords as appropriate.

9. For a FE like GameEx use *.uae as the ROM filter and point the folder to the location of UAE configs generated with this program.

Amiga Forever!

post-367-1189232226_thumb.png

post-367-1189232241_thumb.png

WinUAE_Config_Creator.zip

• Like 1

Dang.. I only see one feature missing. The option of copying the floppies used for the UAE configs over in a seperate folder (requires the floppy path's in the configs to be written with the rom destination folder). That way you can save a lot of harddrive space, as the TOSEC set is at about 25 gigs I believe.

A buddy of mine and I created a simple script earlier this week, that created a config and copied the floppies over to a seperate folder, also for the TOSEC collection. Though in the current version, only games with a single floppy gets configured. But it is evident, that it saves loads of vital space.

Please let me know if you plan on implementing the "copy" feature, as I won't bother my friend to continue work on our script. :)

Also, with that feature, TosecStractor would be a more fitting name for the program. :P

I'm not sure of the reason for copying the floppies over to anywhere. You just extract them and run the program. What is the reason for doing that?

My program places every floppy into a config file so it would end up moving all the floppies to the destination, so I don't see the point. As for saving space maybe I should add an option to ignore certain codes so you can ignore/delete floppies that are repeats or what not. But that would be a simple matter of del *[whatever]* in a command prompt anyway. Give me more info and I may think of something to add for this.

Well in my case, I have all my roms and emulator stuff placed on a server (only accessable when I take the PC out of my MAME cab to update the software), mapped via a network drive. To me it made sense, but I guess its not a feature that's generally needed, as most people just have the floppies placed locally.

In that case a "delete option" would probably be more widely useable, and I could certainly live with that :).

Thanks HK, I really should get the old Amiga setup here in GX. I was a huge fan. Did you ever try Amos or Blitz basic? I actually had a PD game out there at one time written in AMOS. Wer'nt that great (wernt completely crap), but I was a little young at the time to have motivation like I do now to really make it good. I think it was called Lander. It was a cross between thrust and lunar lander.

PS: I've updated the portal with this version.

Thanks HK, I really should get the old Amiga setup here in GX. I was a huge fan. Did you ever try Amos or Blitz basic? I actually had a PD game out there at one time written in AMOS. Wer'nt that great (wernt completely crap), but I was a little young at the time to have motivation like I do now to really make it good. I think it was called Lander. It was a cross between thrust and lunar lander.

PS: I've updated the portal with this version.

I heard good things about AMOS but I never did do anything with it. I did make something very simple with SEUCK and a few demos in Red Sector Demo Maker, and I did write a Madlebrot generator and Phone Book database using Amiga BASIC. I did alot of creative things on the Amiga though, I wrote a few intros/demos in C (unfortunatley never did play with the blitter or copper chips - I wish I had a book on them back in the days) made quite a few pictures in Deluxe Paint. I made heaps of songs in OctaMED even bought some hardware to use it with MIDI. Made disk compilations and stuff like that. The Amiga opened up alot of creative doors for me, I think it was great for that. But I also have fond memorys of hooking up my Amiga with my cousins using a null serial cable and playing head to head on games like Populous and Stunt Car Racer. Great little machine, and I recommend people hold onto their old Amigas because I reakon they will be worth heaps in auction when were old and decrepit :) But i'll probably be the one buying them instead of selling them hehe.

What really upset me a while back was my mum throwing out all my old Amiga Magazines (Eg. Amiga Format, CU Amiga). The British mags by Future Publishing were the best. I had quite a nice collection. I bought a few off e-bay because of that. One day I will get organised and hunt down more of them.

• 4 years later...

I heard good things about AMOS but I never did do anything with it. I did make something very simple with SEUCK and a few demos in Red Sector Demo Maker, and I did write a Madlebrot generator and Phone Book database using Amiga BASIC. I did alot of creative things on the Amiga though, I wrote a few intros/demos in C (unfortunatley never did play with the blitter or copper chips - I wish I had a book on them back in the days) made quite a few pictures in Deluxe Paint. I made heaps of songs in OctaMED even bought some hardware to use it with MIDI. Made disk compilations and stuff like that. The Amiga opened up alot of creative doors for me, I think it was great for that. But I also have fond memorys of hooking up my Amiga with my cousins using a null serial cable and playing head to head on games like Populous and Stunt Car Racer. Great little machine, and I recommend people hold onto their old Amigas because I reakon they will be worth heaps in auction when were old and decrepit :) But i'll probably be the one buying them instead of selling them hehe.

What really upset me a while back was my mum throwing out all my old Amiga Magazines (Eg. Amiga Format, CU Amiga). The British mags by Future Publishing were the best. I had quite a nice collection. I bought a few off e-bay because of that. One day I will get organised and hunt down more of them.

I was exactly the same except the c programming and was into bulletin boards, i actually owned the Uks largest Legal Board, Digital Candy with a 6 node ringdown, running on an A4000 with a 060 co processor and 6 rs232 I/O boards which allowed us to hook up 6x33.6k baud sportster modems, 2x8 disk cd auto changers and a massive 2 gig of storage, where we offered aminet CD content for download and used ami-x software also had a pirate bbs called Magic Mushrooms. I was also a member of LSD, GrapeVine and Mantra. Also knew quite a few of the big Boys in Quartex, Hoodlum and Digital Corruption. We even released a CD Called scene Storm dont know if you ever saw this being in aussy land?