All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Messenger Plugin

scranusesscrunya

Just registered my version of gameex and would like to say the karaoke is great, Tom my girlfriend is eternally greatful.

Cheers

Please tell me I'm not the only one that had to read that twice......

Or are you holding out on us Tom.... AKA... Sweet lips.....

:lol:

LOL

Well if your girlfriend likes the stock one...maybe have her check out UltraStar & Karafun.

Hehe they look awesome i'll give them a go when i get time (she will also be greatful to you!!)

I had another quick question if you would mind helping me its not gameex related, I really wanna play the lastest games on PC but its so bloody expensive to upgrade so do you think this is a good deal?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Intel-775-Motherboar...1QQcmdZViewItem

Its the cheapest i have seen but i was wondering if the specs are up to much, obviously i'll need a graphics card as well but is this a good start.

Cheers in advance.

I hadn't realized they hit 6ghz...heh actually they haven't...they are talking shit.

You should look for something in like a AMD64 X2 or a Intel Core2 processor...whatever happens to be in your price range...and don't buy off ebay...as real retail sellers will beat any real product price.

I don't know if it's expensive to ship to the UK (or if they even do it), but check out newegg. They have an excellent selection (everything essentially), and their prices are very competitive. I've used them to build my last 3 machines.

Btw, I didn't know you could just multiply the clock speed by the number of cores to come up with the total system speed :P

Another Quick Question, I'm Full Of Them! :rolleyes:

I currently have Xpadder set up so i can play Half Life 2, Doom 3 etc. With My Wireless Gamepad And Was Wondering If There A Way To Have It Lanch Before & After Certain Games.

Sorry About The Caps It Is A Habit I Cannot Stop!!! :lol:

Cheers

Yeah its certainly possible...but a lot of it has to do with how you are launching the games from GX.

PC Games are set up similar to emulators as in they all conform to one configuration, now if i have my games set up like this (simialar to how the emulators are set up) then can i make a certain program e.g Doom 3 load a certain Xpadder configuration and then close it. Sounds quite difficult, i was thinking of creating a script that loads the configuartion with the game but i can't do scripts!! But is this possible?

Thanks in advance.

P.S Sorry about the double post, anither bad habit!

Hey all,

Just a quick update on how i going about fixing my Xpadder issue. I decided that i would try and delve into the world of .bat files, its a completely new concept to me so any help in this area would help greatly.

First of all i have created a simple batch file to close Xpadder after a PC game has exited and gameex has reloaded, its just a simpe file with the command "tskill xpadder". I have set that file in my adavanced config to 'launch after'

So i can end the process but i wanted to create a batch file that loaded the game and Xpadder at the same time. I tried this but it only brings up 2 command windows rather than the programs:

Start "G:\Gaming\PC Games\Doom 3\Doom3.exe"

Start "G:\Gaming\Xpadder\Doom 3 360 Controller.xpadderprofile"

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Hey all,

Just a quick update on how i going about fixing my Xpadder issue. I decided that i would try and delve into the world of .bat files, its a completely new concept to me so any help in this area would help greatly.

First of all i have created a simple batch file to close Xpadder after a PC game has exited and gameex has reloaded, its just a simpe file with the command "tskill xpadder". I have set that file in my adavanced config to 'launch after'

So i can end the process but i wanted to create a batch file that loaded the game and Xpadder at the same time. I tried this but it only brings up 2 command windows rather than the programs:

Start "G:\Gaming\PC Games\Doom 3\Doom3.exe"

Start "G:\Gaming\Xpadder\Doom 3 360 Controller.xpadderprofile"

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Batch Files usually run the commands in a linear fasion. And usually once the first one is terminated.

Id launch Xpadder first then the game. ;)

Batch Files usually run the commands in a linear fasion. And usually once the first one is terminated.

Id launch Xpadder first then the game. ;)

How do i go about that? I've been working on a batch file that does everything i want except open the two programs at the same time:

G:

cd g:\Gaming\Xpadder

Xpadder "Doom 3 360 Controller.xpadderprofile"

cd g:\Gaming\PC Games\Half-Life 2

hl2.exe

exit

So when i launch this Xpadder loads but half life only loads after i exit Xpadder. Theres one little command there that will do it, i'm sure, but i don't know it!

How do i go about that? I've been working on a batch file that does everything i want except open the two programs at the same time:

G:

cd g:\Gaming\Xpadder

Xpadder "Doom 3 360 Controller.xpadderprofile"

cd g:\Gaming\PC Games\Half-Life 2

hl2.exe

exit

So when i launch this Xpadder loads but half life only loads after i exit Xpadder. Theres one little command there that will do it, i'm sure, but i don't know it!

try

@echo off

CMD /C g:\Gaming\Xpadder\Xpadder.exe "Doom 3 360 Controller.xpadderprofile"

CMD /C "g:\Gaming\PC Games\Half-Life 2\hl2.exe"

try

@echo off

CMD /C g:\Gaming\Xpadder\Xpadder.exe "Doom 3 360 Controller.xpadderprofile"

CMD /C "g:\Gaming\PC Games\Half-Life 2\hl2.exe"

Thanks for the reply but its still not loading both at the same time, i'm considering using the call command to launch a separate Half Life batch file with, would this make a difference and how do i use the call command?

Thanks for your help!

Okay batch isn't my thing at all...but shouldn't it be something like

start xpadder ".\Doom 3 360 Controller.xpadderprofile"

start "g:\Gaming\PC Games\Half-Life 2\hl2.exe"

as I'm guessing your using the newest build of xpadder and running as admin...me personally I'd just do it in AutoIt...but hey I know that one. :)

For AHK, it would be very similar:

Run, G:\Gaming\Xpadder\Xpadder.exe "Doom 3 360 Controller.xpadderprofile"
Run, G:\Gaming\PC Games\Half-Life 2\hl2.exe

EDIT: You may need quotes around the second line since there's a space in it, but I think it will run as is.

Hi all,

Thanks so much for all your help, I have finally got these programs to work at the same time!! But, theres another problem... :angry:

Gameex doesn't give the game enough time to find the CD and load. So what happens i'll click on Doom 3 in gameex it will attempt to load then immediately go back to gameex, a couple of seconds after gameex has reloaded the game will start with gameex still running in the background, so when i exit the game gameex is minimised. Arrrggghhhh!!! <_<

Thanks again for your help, does anyone know what i can do to fix this problem?

Cheers

Heh I was wondering how long it was going to take you to find this out. :)

See the problem is...GX is running AI/AHK/BAT or whatever...then those scripts end...so GX assumes correctly that it should fire back up again.

So the trick is to keep the scripts running until the child programs are done running.

;Launch Xpadder Profile
Run( 'G:\Gaming\Xpadder\Xpadder.exe "Doom 3 360 Controller.xpadderprofile"' )

; Launch Half Life 2
Run( 'G:\Gaming\PC Games\Half-Life 2\hl2.exe' )

; Wait for Half Life 2 to End
ProcessWaitClose ( "hl2.exe" )

Hehe now waiting for the "You guys suck!" comment. ;)