All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

A look back: 15 most valuable classic arcade games

tthurman

The Rotheblog used to be much more active until several years ago when the forums closed down, but I visited it again last night for the first time in years.

I had found some reproduction side art for "War of the Worlds", which I was completely unfamiliar with.  I stumbled upon this article while searching and thought it was interesting to see this run-down on classic and sometimes very rare games from 2008.

https://www.rotheblog.com/2008/08/arcade/15-most-valuable-classic-arcade-games/

Edited by tthurman
spilling

8 hours ago, tthurman said:

2. Williams’ Blaster Cockpit

Looks just like the Sinistar cockpit.

The duramold cabs are interesting, never saw one though, in fact I never saw a lot of these!

http://duramold.rotheblog.com/

Never saw any Duramold models either. 

Williams probably used the same cockpit cabinet base for different games with mods for display and CP differences.

Both Blaster and Sinistar were released in 1983 and had similar CP arrangements and monitors.

2 hours ago, Draco1962 said:

Both Blaster and Sinistar were released in 1983 and had similar CP arrangements and monitors.

Ah, makes sense. I never played either back in the day, and only played Sinistar after your many mentions of it here.

Of the two, I liked Sinistar the best. Blaster's graphics were too much of the cycling "rolling rainbow" effect and cheapened the experience. I only recall playing it once and was not impressed.