All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Pinball X question about start button

mekishiko916

Is there a feature to have an LED flash for the START button so my users know that's the button to push to pick a game in PinballX?

(Apologies if there is a way to do this or it's been posted, i have been searching for a while and can't find any mention of it)

I moved this question from the GameEx > Features & Enahancements requests thread. Please be mindful of where you are posting so that your questions or issues are not missed by staff.

To answer your question, there are ways but not directly within PinballX but a lot depends upon your cabinet build and interfaces you have installed.

11 hours ago, mekishiko916 said:

Is there a feature to have an LED flash for the START button so my users know that's the button to push to pick a game in PinballX?

(Apologies if there is a way to do this or it's been posted, i have been searching for a while and can't find any mention of it)

I aasume you have dof installed, otherwise you don't have interaction.

If DOF is working, you need the dof plugin for pinballx. This can be downloaded from the download section.

Opem the dof configtool (website), go to table config and selecttable pinballx.

On the right pane (canidate configuration)

Paste the next line on 'start button'

ON Blink fu500 fd600

Save your config, download the newconfig and apply it to your dof.

That should do the trick (you can change the blinking part off course, this is my fading in and out on my led light)

Hope it make sense

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 8/6/2022 at 11:40 PM, Mike_da_Spike said:

I aasume you have dof installed, otherwise you don't have interaction.

If DOF is working, you need the dof plugin for pinballx. This can be downloaded from the download section.

Opem the dof configtool (website), go to table config and selecttable pinballx.

On the right pane (canidate configuration)

Paste the next line on 'start button'

ON Blink fu500 fd600

Save your config, download the newconfig and apply it to your dof.

That should do the trick (you can change the blinking part off course, this is my fading in and out on my led light)

Hope it make sense

Thank you! I am stuck on installing the DOF plugin. When following the instructions on the download page, I copy "DirectOutput PinballX Plugin.dll" to the plugins folder, then run plugin manager, however it doesn't show up. only these 4 show up: image.png.b11dcf8d7e89dd8a887c2c234b55d55b.png

1 hour ago, mekishiko916 said:

Thank you! I am stuck on installing the DOF plugin. When following the instructions on the download page, I copy "DirectOutput PinballX Plugin.dll" to the plugins folder, then run plugin manager, however it doesn't show up. only these 4 show up: image.png.b11dcf8d7e89dd8a887c2c234b55d55b.png

Odd, or it isn't in the correct folder, or the dll is locked or something.

By default, the dll in thecplugins directory should show automaticly within plugin manager. If youdownload another plugin (scutters made some good ones), will those shows up within plugin manager ?

42 minutes ago, mekishiko916 said:

So weird.... I tried to put PBXmediaplayer.dll in my C:\PinballX\Plugins folder and run the plugin manager and it also doesn't show up. :/

Can you attach your log.txt file?. It might be a version thing, normally a missing dot net runtime (.net 4.0) thing that should be sorted out with the installer so long as you're on a recent version of PinballX.

We are currently at v.5.53 which is a bit away from v 5.44 your log.txt file is reporting.

You may want to download and install the latest version and report back with new copies of your pinballx.ini and log.txt files or let us know if the updated version install fixed your issue.

On 9/21/2022 at 5:12 PM, Draco1962 said:

We are currently at v.5.53 which is a bit away from v 5.44 your log.txt file is reporting.

You may want to download and install the latest version and report back with new copies of your pinballx.ini and log.txt files or let us know if the updated version install fixed your issue.

updated to pinballX 5.54 just now, still the plugins don't show up when I run the plugin manager :/

log.txt PinballX.ini

I really don't understand why you won't see th eplugins that you place in your plugin folder.
do you have multiple copies of PinballX on your system ?

Do you see the 4  DLL's for the plugin that are coming with the installation in the plugin folder?
If I copy a plugin dll into the plugins folder  

image.thumb.png.f62bb397cd7afb297cbc325914183c14.png

and run Plugin manager :

image.png.c3714ece39dc1fcf1ba35475e6d894ba.png

So sorry, to ask, but you sure, you unpacked the dll to the correct folder (and not place the zip)?
Is the DLL unblocked ? See Unblock .dll file | Blog | Limilabs

are access rights correct on the file (no access denied to user or system account) ?

If this all is not working, and you move for example ledwizz.dll to another folder, will ledwizz disappear from your plugin manager? 

I really want to help, but not sure what is going on, on your PC

• Like 2