All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Future Pinball Exiting to Desktop

echodun

Everything on my system was working fine until I added a few new buttons and moved my pause button to another button.  Visual Pinball works great.  Future Pinball loads fine, but when I exit the table, it goes straight to desktop.  Log and pinballx.ini files attached.  I've tried different buttons, etc.  The log does show an access denied error.

log.txt PinballX.ini

• echodun changed the title to Future Pinball Exiting to Desktop

Long shot as you only changed buttons, but did you change the run as admin rights on FP or PinballX? Might be worth trying PinballX running as admin for the access denied error.

If that doesn't work can you post a screenshot of your FP button setup? thanks.

Not sure what the problem is, normally the access denied is a rights issue but if PinballX is running as admin that shouldn't be the case.

Try pausing in game in FP - what happens if you exit from a paused game, same error / behaviour?

Also try removing the buttons mappings from FP, then try launch and exit from PinballX and see if that functions correctly to help narrow down the problem.

what happen if you run the line from the command prompt ?(as a non admin)

C:\Games\Future Pinball\BAM\FPLoader.exe /open "C:\Games\Future Pinball\Tables\Masters of the Universe - 2.5.fpt" /play /exit /arcaderender /STAYINRAM

I have set my exit and quit button to the same to the same button. But don't think that will fix an access denied

Try to run a procmon (Sysinternals) , reproduce the issue and check where you got the access denied on.

btw .. Check this post :

Check the compatibility settings of  Future Pinball.exe or FPloader.exe and remove any compatibility